Wednesday, October 28, 2009

It's My Big Day

Thirty seven years ago today I entered this world as what I will assume was an innocent baby.

Today is my birthday and I am celebrating with family, sleep, orgasms and a day at home. A day with no where to be, this really excites me and this is deliberately planned. Today I celebrate my loss of innocence over the years and how my life has led me here.

This year though is unique, I am pregnant again and anxious to bring this new being into the world. Today I am also thirty four weeks pregnant.

The changes in my life this past year have been momentous, and have filled me with a great feeling of awe for the wonder of life and all its possibilities.

In not so recent years, I have had some run ins with life itself that were not the most positive and that left me wondering if I could or would ever be happy with myself or the world as a whole.


My upbringing and background being despair, hurt, loneliness, failure, distrust, confusion and want of things not possible at that time. It's painful to even think back on it all.

It pleases me to be able to report back to the youthful me that it has all become ok. The struggles and pain were worth it, the growing up necessary and the hardships paid back ten-fold.

I can't say that I would want to repeat my childhood, youth or my early twenties, but my thirties have thus far been more than even I could have dreamed possible. So much goodness.

Today I am surrounded by family in all its glorious forms, love, friendship, success, peace, ambition, bounty and grandness. It is only imaginable that I give thanks.

Thank you universe for allowing me to hang on long enough to discover the joy of life, I am excited for the coming years, though I am happily live in the moment today.