Monday, August 17, 2009

Letter to my Mother

Hi Mom (the one who birthed me: not Jason's mom)

It's been a while since we've spoken on the phone. I've been meaning to call you but since the last time we spoke was not the most positive talk, I've been putting off future calls to avoid the frustration and hurt.

Your granddaughter, Jason and I are doing fantastic. The baby is superb, healthy and growing tons these days. This Wednesday I will be 24 weeks pregnant. There have been some medical issues with my pregnancy though we've managed to deal with each as it's presented itself. Our doctor/s are the best and technology these days is leaps and bounds better than the last time I was in this condition.

The teenager is well, she has been working a full time job all summer, 40 hours a week. School goes back in for her in September and she is doing the advanced program she wanted so desperately. The school was more than pleased to have her as a new student given her academic achievements and her extra curricular involvements. We could not be more proud of her. It is safe to say that she has so much of my drive it is almost scary.

Despite my best efforts to convince him otherwise, Jason refuses to go to Vienna next month. His work of course has paid for him to go and he would be away for three weeks on a course and visiting some family. Given the pregnancy woes I mentioned already, he feels that going would be a bad idea. His mom was here staying with us last weekend and tonight his sister and her family arrive for a visit. He is the most amazing man and soon to be father.

We have all settled in to the new house with great ease, it is hard to believe that we've been here two months already. The unpacking is virtually complete, aside from some storage room boxes. We've made the purchase of some new furniture and are happy at how things have come together in our nest.


Business is going well for me, I am still working, just doing more from home and slowing my schedule to permit myself more time of rest. My fall schedule is heavily booked, between prison work, classes in local universities & stores, private coaching and events at The Lounge I am maintaining my own.

You and J are certainly not forgotten, we will talk soon I am sure. It would be nice if next time we are on the phone together, you could express some joy. Your lack of positive attitude about our lives is hard to take, and being condescending makes it challenging for each of us to want to maintain contact.

I am confident that now that some time has passed since the last call, your mood has leveled out. It would sure be helpful if you could acknowledge my work and efforts with some enthusiasm so as to share in my joy and successes. Ignoring who I am is not an option, not if you want to maintain a relationship with us all.

We'll be giving Great Grandma and Grandpa a call soon too, they are always so elated to hear from us and making them happy for that brief telephone call makes us feel good.

Hopefully you and J are well and the house is keeping you busy. Certainly you've been on the boat a lot this summer and enjoying the weather and fishing.

Talk to you soon.

Jennifer