Sunday, May 03, 2009

Breast is best

So yeah, we made it back alive from our weekend trip.

I am pretty exhausted.

Our time away was memorable beyond belief.

Let's discuss a more pressing topic.



Being pregnant is sucking the energy right out of me. The last couple of weeks, I have needed a nap every single day, despite sleeping a solid nine hours. Ok, maybe not so solid, as I am awaking every three hours to pee, it is insane.

My breasts are incredibly sore. I mean painful to be honest. My boobs are also increasingly huge. They keep growing and I'm still in my first trimester. Already they are a full cup size larger.

The issues I am facing with this time round I did not face in my early twenties when I was pregnant the first time with my daughter. I have not even mentioned the nausea, it did not hit me till about oh .... a week and a half ago .... and now, my mornings are spent trying to not barf and moving slow so as to not upset my stomach any further. And no! Eating crackers does not help.


Though I have not gained a single pound, my weight has shifted and I am already finding that many of my pants are no longer fitting, or hell, even closing. This is disheartening, as I was hoping to not need to shop for anything new to wear for another 6-8 weeks, this seems not possible at the rate things are progressing.

What has tugged at my heart strings in the last 24 hours:

  1. RC on his knees, kissing my belly and professing his love to the baby after I climbed out of the shower
  2. my daughter kissing my belly goodnight
I am looking to hear from women who have their nipples pierced, and who have successfully managed to breastfeed with said piercings still in. Drop me a line if this is you.

jennifer@libidoevents.com