Sunday, April 12, 2009

Family Acceptance

As many of you know, my mans mother reads my blog diligently and happily every day along with her morning cup of coffee. She admittedly likes to keep up with me and with our world and finds the blog a good way to know what we are up to. I'm flattered that she cares enough to want to find out the down and dirty on our lives and that she holds no judgment as to our escapades. I like knowing that we are keeping no secrets from her.

Now my own mother, she is a whole other story. She reads my blog somewhat regularly but would never admit to doing so. In fact she acts as though she doesn't even know it exists despite the fact that she has been caught downloading this blogs pages in depth. My daughter saw this herself, so I know it's true.

My mother is standoffish and always has been. Why she reads this site, and fills her mind with images she will never talk with me about is beyond my comprehension. My mother pretends my professional life doesn't exist, and that she knows nothing of all that I disclose here. This makes me see her as petty and negative.

But the mans mother, uses this site as a way to be closer to each of us and to have things to talk to us about that are important to us. I value my mother in laws approach and am bothered my own mothers denial of who I am as an adult woman.

Hi Mom in Victoria! Waves a big hello.

Hi Mom in Qualicum. Boo! I see you. Yeah, I know you're here. It sure isn't a secret that's for sure.