Tuesday, February 03, 2009

What a trip ...


CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM





Yes it's true. We arrived back from Cuba at the ungodly hour of just after eleven last night, and were home shortly there after.

The plane ride was seven hours of torture, but hey, we made it one piece, and with all of our luggage intact.

Cuba was intensely more colorful than I had imaged: the culture, weather, politics and the people. Varadero was quaint and inspiring, despite the horrendous poverty.

Havanna was over-the-top, the city was breathtaking and the attractions kept us moving at unbelievable pace.. We even took in the infamous Tropicana show as well, and were mesmerized by the skills and beauty of the performers.

I am still processing the entire experience of being away and now am faced with the daunting task of copious amounts of laundry and answering the deluge of email sitting in my accounts.

If I owe you an email, it may take a day or three for me to get to it. Please practice patience, I am still on Cuban time. Things move a little slower in the Caribbean.

We took a lot of photos of the trip which will be uploaded shortly as well, though it is not a big priority at the moment. My man is currently downloading them onto our different computers for us all, there are three different camera's to deal with.

I am looking forward to seeing friends and eating familiar foods. Tomorrow night is Deviant Dining at The Lounge, join us for great conversations and a chance to catch up.