Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Swimming with tuna


CLICK TO ENLARGE THE PHOTOS


In Varedero at the Delfinario I went swimming with dolphins, and a lot of them. There were six if I remember correctly. My man was scuba diving in The Bay of Pigs, and my daughter and I were at the aqua center, it was so much fun.

First we saw a dolphin show, something similar to what you'd see at the aquarium, it was a real hoot. Then ten of us, from the nearly one hundred and fifty that were present had bought a ticket to get in the water with them.

We donned life jackets, and then slid into the water. Since the temperature was close to 30 degrees the water was nice and refreshing. I was just a wee bit scared, for the first couple of minutes but then the time just flew by.

Close to forty minutes was spent being kissed by these gorgeous creatures, pulled through the waters at a fast speed by holding onto their fins, being projected ridiculously high into the air by their noses on a foot push and generally just frolicking and swimming around with them.

What a surreal experience, both my daughter and I were enamored with their intelligence, skills sets and of course gracefulness.