Monday, February 16, 2009

First comes love, then comes...




















This has been our secret this past week and a half, and I am just now ready to share it.


While in Cuba we went walking on the beach one afternoon in the opposite direction of all the tourists at our resort. RC went a little ahead of me, lazily I was sauntering along staring at the gorgeous views and taking in the beauty of the day.

I was stunned and shocked when I turned from the ocean to see him standing a few feet away, with four words etched into the sand and a stick in his hand.

It seemed so surreal, I was speechless. (it's true) I was unable to believe he was actually asking me a question, especially this question. He stood before me, with eyes opened wide and a smile from ear to ear, awaiting my response.

My head and heart knew the answer but my mouth was not working. My eyes kept reading those four little words over and over.

He had to say the question out loud, the words in the sand, were not sinking in completely. It was like I needed to hear it in his own voice.

RC dropped the stick to the ground and in what appeared to be slow motion pulled a blue box out of his backpack. As he opened it, my own eyes were riveted and my senses were all magnified. He had my undivided attention.

Jennifer, will you marry me?

My answer was YES! Oh my god YES!

As he helped me slide the ring onto my finger I couldn't help but think of our good fortune to have found one another.

I love you handsome man!