Saturday, February 28, 2009

Baby Making

Each evening I lay my head on the chest of the same man as I fall asleep. It is an intoxicating feeling to know that no matter who else we may each play with, that every night, we are together. Our love is not dependent on owning one another in monogamy, rather on mutual respect, lust, admiration and similar interests.

We as a couple are readying for a baby, and the time is now. There are big changes taking place in our lives and the chance for us to share our love, family and lives with a wee one is finally upon us.

I am eager to swell with our child inside of me. Hungry to labor with the man I love and my daughter encouraging me. Longing to breastfeed again. Anticipating with great joy the the first few years of rapid growth.

The trepidations I faced as a young mother, are no longer and have long since faded. Confidence, faith and a strong support system make this time round of baby readying, so easy for me to feel at ease.

RC has given me a stronger foundation than I ever could have thought possible. It is his love, the love of my other partners and the love of my daughter that makes it easy for me to move forward with huge life decisions without fear.

Times are changing, and I'm excited.