Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Drug Consumption in BDSM

Yesterday was a photo shoot at The Lounge where another model, myself, a rigger and a photographer gathered for just over three hours to snap bondage images together. The young hot model T and myself go way back, making it a real pleasure to be tied up with her for the camera.

We struck some awesome poses and had numerous great laughs over moments between photos. All good clean fun for two girly girls who love bondage and one another. My man arrived a short while into the shoot as he stopped by following his work day. It was helpful to have him there, he acted as a Fluffer and and as a general helper to the models and the rigger.

We got home at a decent enough hour for me to spend a short while on the computer before bed. There is a currently a debate going on-line over drug & alcohol use at public BDSM events. (NOT AT LIBIDO LOUNGE) I of course am anti drug & booze use at said events, both for attendees and for those that over see the play that happens in such facilities.

Can you image playing in a BDSM context in a facility where the monitors in charge of watching over everyone and their scenes are stoned on marijuana? How absurd and how thoughtless. Would you want to take direction from a stoned person? Message me your thoughts would you.

jennifer@libidoevents.com

Here are some of the idiotic statements people have been throwing around...

  1. Some may think that pot smoking near a club sets a bad example,* and some people may think is sets a good example of openness and tolerance and acceptance of all people.*
  2. Why is caffeine (a potentially dangerous mind altering chemical) readily available at even the strictest no tolerance fetish nights but someone who leaves the event to indulge in their substance of choice is demonized?
  3. There is nothing unethical about smoking marijuana or playing while under the influence.
  4. I know myself and my drug limits really well, because I'm working with them constantly. I know how to monitor my chemical state and know when I'm capable of play and DM'ing.
  5. I agree with XXXX that DM's should not use alcohol or pot before their shifts, but I think afterwards is fine in small doses.
It really is laughable and disturbing at the same time that some people think that playing while high is acceptable. I could keep cut and pasting dumb statements from others, but I've not the time for this.

What I am interested in is this.

Do you think that monitors at BDSM clubs who are using drugs should be permitted to oversee the safety of others?

Would you feel comfortable and safe walking into a BDSM facility and seeing others smoking up out front, or in their cars and then entering the building and smelling the ripe smell of marijuana on others?

Apparently my stance on this is too harsh for some, which is fine by me, as The Lounge runs on the premise of NO DRUG USE EVER, by anyone.

In our year of our operation we've had one event with alcohol and it was new years eve. If you wanted to drink you could, however only four drinks, served by us, and you were given drink tickets. We knew who each person who drank was, what they drank and the potency as their were NO mixed drinks. We also served a huge amount of food and each person upon entering that night had to relinquish their vehicle keys. So, to reiterate, 0.005% of our events in 12 months of operation have had a measurable and track-able alcohol consumption.

Thanks for playing along and I do want and value your feedback.


jennifer@libidoevents.com

_____________________________________



FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW - YOU'LL APPRECIATE THIS....

Madge, is kinda stinky! Hmm, I think I recognize her scent as being someone with a different name.