Friday, September 19, 2008

Shining Brightly I Am

Time just disappears so fast around me. I mean really. We awoke at 9:30 this morning and were out the door by 10:00. A trip to the bank, post box and then for fruit and veggies, the usual neighborhood run.

Next stop was a shopping trip to restocked the Lounges kitchen basics: pop, water, juice, chips, cookies other staples. Some sewing notions and a few lunch ables for home.

We then went for Pho at our favorite eatery, and had a yummy lunch together RC & I. Then we drove to the Lounge, to drop off all of the shopping and refill the fridge and cupboards.

I came home and promptly had an hour long nap while my man zipped off to an appointment in New West. I awoke, and sliced strawberries for Exploratorium which was tonight.

Then I did an hour of computer work, to answer the emails that were awaiting my time and attention. A very long telephone call to a store that has hooked up with me for a big project we are working on together. We needed to work out details and managed to do so. Still much work left to do, but the rest needs to wait till next week.

Cooked my daughter some dinner and spent some time with her. Then made my way to packing up the gear necessary to fill all the booths at tonight's event.

RC came back home and we did some house chores together. And much to my delight he brought home some seriously gorgeous flowers, all in bright purples. Lillies, and damn do they ever fill the dining room with a heady scent of lusciousness.

We left at 6:15 for Exploratorium, our sampler event for play at the Lounge. Our volunteers were set to arrive at 7 and they all showed up on time. Great friends. The doors opened at 7:30 and people started arriving to the Drop-In event. Our goal is to show everyone a good time, and no one left disappointed. Amazing things happen at the Lounge, and tonight was another great example of this. I'd tell you what all I alone did to people in my booth, but quite frankly its just to damn difficult to put into words, and you'd have to have been there to believe my powers.

RC drove us home and we were in our front door by 11:15 pm and greeted by one bright teenager, happy to see us and exploding with enthusiasm on our arrival.

Now RC has the sewing machine out and is working on a pair of shorts for me at the kitchen table. My daughter and I are in the living room and I'm posting this itinerary of my day.

Should probably got to bed very soon, as early in the morning RC and I have to leave to take our volunteer extraordinaire Deej to get pierced for her big 4oth birthday. What a joy it will be to share in this huge and momentous event with her and to have the privilege of keeping her safe emotionally while it's done.

Oh yes, then tomorrow night is SULTRY, our bath house event and Sunday is Member Orientation. My goodness, no wonder I am so tired. My schedule is exhausting, and of course I can see no break from it in the near future.

Ah well .... I am loved. I am surrounded by good people, a job that pays me well and a future that is as bright as the North Star.