Tuesday, July 08, 2008

City Stroll

You ever have one of those blissfully delightful days? I had one today.

It started with the orthodontist removing my daughters braces this morning finally after two grueling years of treatment. Then I shuttled her and her girlfriend to the BC Ferries so they could board a boat for Victoria.

The girls went alone to see their first rock and roll concert alone! Wow, am I ever feeling.... not really old ...but certainly worldly. They won't be home till late tomorrow afternoon which gave RC and I the entire rest of the day together.

With the top of the Jeep we bombed through the city doing things we never seem to have the time to do otherwise. Our first stop was kinky clothes shopping in the infamous Gastown hitting all three of our favored shops which also happen to be with 1/2 a block of one another. I found a really sweet white leather armless tank style top, zippered in the front that fit me like a glove. It is now all mine.

Ice cold lemonade in hand we drove down to the West End. Our plan was to spend time hanging out together outside and we did just that. For six almost seven hours we walked, talked, ate and shopped more. We meandered both sides of Davie, from top to bottom, and stopped everywhere something caught our attention. RC bought a lot of dress up clothes for himself. He is such a metro sexual.

We headed along Thurlow over to Robson and then walked that route, all the way down to Denman. We had so much fun. There were people we knew that we saw, a great meal for us and plenty of sun. Excellent way to spend time.

We had a pre booked meeting at Pump Jack, the gay bar at 7 pm, but when we arrived the place was over run with big furries, leather men, and their allies ...no room for us or our meeting. We headed over to Blenz coffee where we spent the next two and bit hours hashing out stuff with the rest of the group we were meeting.

By the time we got home the sun had left its mark on us both. Sun kissed and tired here I sit on my computer, while RC is enjoying a fine cigar. I have to tend to my email account now before bed, or I'll never be able to catch up tomorrow. It has to be emptied daily or it piles up fast and I get overwhelmed.