Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Disappeared

It's gone. Vanished.

Last night in the last 15 minutes of the class I was teaching, it just rapidly faded right away. Well, to an almost inaudible noise level.

I am suffering from a horrible case of this and though it doesn't hurt, it is making my working life a real challenge today. Likely gone, from overuse.

Plus I awoke at four in the morning, coughing and feeling as though the emptying of my stomach was inevitable.

I watched RC run around the bedroom in the pitch black, middle of the night, getting me medicine and putting an old pot next to the bed for my vomit. Yuck!

Now as I sit on the sofa typing I feel fine, well aside from a stuffy nose and having NO voice.

Speaking is my livelihood, so its probably best that I spend the next two days recovering. Especially given that on Thursday I am the Guest Expert at Douglas College and that is a working gig, where my voice is necessary and must carry well.

In the mean time, I have canceled or postponed all my plans for the next 48 hours to spent time recovering and healing. What a novel concept.

Now let's see if I can keep quiet for that long.