Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Support

My pursuit is not a lonely one.

There are many supporters surrounding me; from working professionals to students and stay at to home parents. Support and allies abound. My friendship, support and sex-positive message has transformed the lives of countless individuals and couples every week, with the numbers increasing dramatically year-by-year.

Some people walk into my life for a coaching session and 2 hours later, leave our time together feeling as though we will forever share a very unique bond. Not quite a friendship, yet we'll call ourselves friends. Because I will have heard you when no others had quite the same before, all the while giving you the support yearned for, yet had likely not even known yet. So practical and so necessary.


Others leave time spent with me, feeling strong enough to venture forth onto a personal journey now with information gained from our time and I will see them in public settings like fetish nights, dungeon parties and other community events as they "come-out" into local sex-positive culture. We acknowledge knowing one another, yet it likely doesn't even come up ever about them being clients, there is just a sudden level of comfort with one another, that hugging upon seeing one another is just so natural.

Couples come to me, naively believing that only one of them needs me, the other is just there to "make the other one comfortable" as we venture forth on our journey of finding them the answers they are seeking. They leave and the three of us are joined as a unit. I helped the one who everyone thought needed me, but I also helped the relationship and that makes the other partner, ever so pleased. I become an ally and someone these people consider a treasured friend.

Others, already self-identified as kinky who haunt local sex events as there evenings out on the town book me on the Hush-Hush to teach them new skills. Skills usually surrounding Dominance and S/m. These people learn fast. They want in and out. It is very different working with some one who already has there style and interests identified solidly yet who has a yearning to learn proficiency in some new art. I applaud those that arrive to me, saying they want more finesse to there play and those who want to create a scene, not just get someone off.
The difference is critical to a memorable experience.

People write to my email address and reveal to me very personal things about themselves and I pick through the information they've given me and try and figure out what this person needs. It takes time to answer the mail I get from people asking questions of me. Over half of these people will never, ever, show up to a party or even a workshop. Yet I give them my time and best direct these individuals to the resources or support they are in need of. These are the people who flock to me when I'm out at events, and Thank Me, for spending the time to personally answer there emails. I never know who anyone is, or what email they are referring to, the numbers are too vast. But I do know this, with support like I have, if I ran for office, I'd damn well win!