Saturday, December 15, 2007

Burlesque in Vancouver

Lately I have been a real homebody. Aside from leaving the house to work, I have been spending most of my time home bound. Readying for Christmas and still recovering from public consumption.

Two days ago I happily received a reminder that Friday was the burlesque Christmas show, for local talent, the Screaming Chickens. I really wanted to go. RC and I went and dragged some friends with us as well. They found a sitter, we picked them up, and off we drove together, to The Cobalt on Main Street.

We found over 15o people easily out on this Friday, specifically to see these hotties take it off. Since we arrived half an hour before the show we found upfront and personal seats together for the four of us, making the view of stage, perfect! But with so many people in attendance, I only saw a handful of the people I was hoping to say a warm hello to!

The latest and greatest Taboo Revue show featured singing, dancing and comedy from Melody Mangler, Darla DeVine, Violet Femme, Fanny Fabulous, Lola Lockehart, Bonbon Bombay, April O’Peel, Mad Madam Mimz, Bobbi Whiskey. The night was hosted by Evil Bastard and Bernie Bombay. (I removed the name of the opening comic because his drug humor was offensive and he was the only down side to the whole evening)

It was nice to spend an evening out with friends, in a sexy atmosphere and not have to lift a finger to do anything. No one even looked to me to do anything resembling work. Ok, except to drive them home. I was the designated driver, being the non-drinker and all.