Thursday, November 01, 2007

Contrasting Emotions

Someone I know has been given an opportunity that makes me feel jealous.

This is an emotion I am not all that familiar with. Not even one I experience often.

And a circumstance that although I do not want, its acclaim I do.
This person is not close to me, though we know one another.
Our paths are similar, though different.
I am much more dynamic, engaging and rising.
This person is washing out on many levels.

What bothers me right now, is that I am unsure if I should just

A. march right out and create the same opportunity for myself
OR
B. await my turn, for what is inevitable

========
========

In other news. ...I mentioned the other day we were perhaps going to take a holiday to Cuba. Turns out I misspoke.

We are all officially leaving for the Dominican Republic in two weeks. The three of us are taking a family vacation together.

I am super excited. With so many activities around the resort and out-trips easily accessible, we are sure to have a memorable trip.

But a nine hour flight? Eeeww.

Todays it was 32 degrees, I don't mind the plane ride so much now knowing the temperature.


Time to air out the suitcases!