Sunday, October 07, 2007

a day in the life

With today being Sunday and all, it seemed only appropriate that we spend the day sleeping and eating. I roused just before 2:00 this afternoon and awoke RC next to me. Together we climbed out of bed around 3:00. T found the whole matter amusing, it's been a long weekend of rest for us all.

Dressing finally around 5:00pm, we made our way to the Richmond night Market.

I consumed spicy squid in a bowl. A bag of blue cotton candy. 1/2 a bag of sugary mini donuts. A skewer of bacon and prawns, yummy. 4 tasty pork and shrimp dumplings. And to round it all off, an ice cold bottle of water.

For purchases, it wasn't much. Just a new mini umbrella that fits in my purse, though RC and T both found a few items to their liking.

Thank the goddesses that the rain held off. This is the last weekend for the market this year in fact. And next year, it has no home yet as it lost it's lease on the property it's on now. I do hope they find somewhere accessible as the market has a wonderful cultural feeling about it, it's a unique environment for shopping, and eating.

We came back home and despite the drive back in the heat of the vehicle, my bones were still cold. With a soak in a hot bath complete, I'm now on the sofa naked, watching tv and surrounded by my family.

Life is fantastic.