Monday, September 17, 2007

email difficulties

A gorgeous day and my sweetie was up and out with me to enjoy it. Seeing as he was going from a day shift to an overnight shift you can imagine my surprise and delight to be savoring the day alongside him.

We conquered household chores and even ventured out of the house to take care of some business. It makes doing life's not-so enjoyable tasks more enjoyable to not have to do them alone anymore. Sharing the responsibilities with another adult is very freeing on so many levels.

I've had my share of e-mail stress and woes the last two, three years now. I have had problems with my ISP, difficulties with the Host of my website, mail program disasters and an assortment of other absurd web related problems, but nothing beats the most recent screw up.

Blogger, which is the Program I use to publish my Blog, is considered now to be Spam. All of Blogger, not just my Blog.

Read more from my handsome web support guy...
The reason that some of your messages (and replies to those messages) are being blocked is simply because your emails contain the address of your blog. Mail scanners scan your email for links, and then check those links against blacklists. Because Blogger addresses are included in the Spamhaus blacklist, any email you send containing the address of your blog will be blocked by any mail server that uses the Spamhaus blacklist. And then, if someone replies to a message you've sent that includes the address of your blog, their message will also be blocked -- although people whose ISPs are using Spamhaus probably won't receive your messages anyway, so they are unlikely to be replying to a message from you unless it's an old one.


To mitigate this problem rather fast this is what's been created, rather inelegant (quoting handsome web guy), but it works

http://www.libidoevents.com/blogredirect.html

the new link that will go in all my mail- outs. We have a site turn over in November and when this happens, my Blog moves to WordPress (off of Blogger) and will be hosted on the Libido Events and Libido Lounge new sites finally.

This answers many things for me and helps me to understand why so much of my mail was apparently not reaching it's intended destination and clients emails not arriving to me.

With this glitch dealt with, I'm about ready to get back to other more pressing adventures. Like having sex & getting spanked and yes......opening Libido Lounge.

===========================================
============================================


Waves at David in Calgary!!! Hello, I received your envelope in the mail, I will email you in a day or two. Thank you for thinking of me, I am reminded of you as well from time to time.