Tuesday, August 07, 2007

lucky girl

My daughter been away for quite some time now, and she's not due back till Sunday. 15 days gone. Right now she is in Ticalli Mexico. It's overwhelming to think of how far from home she is right now, without me and all that she knows & loves.

She phoned me today, not even home sick. Having the time of her life, experiencing another country at the tender age of 13, basically on her own, as she's with 13 other teenagers and a single chaperon. This afternoon they were at the Pyramids of Teotihuacan. I'm elated at her opportunities and happiness.

Next summer she's already decided to do a three week bike trip, across PEI.

She has such courage, an attribute I didn't have at her age. Her sights are always set to do something new, exciting , bold and containing an element of activism.

I have no idea where she gets this from. (grins sheepishly)

And I am really proud of her.