Tuesday, November 21, 2006

juggling act

City Planners ate up a large chunk of my day today, where discussions centered around parking stalls, washrooms, zoning usage and more points than I can remember without going for my "Property File". It's challenging to make one's way through the process that the City has deemed a requirement for licensing. Keeping track of the paperwork, referrals and appointments is a job in itself.

After City Hall it was off to meet with the realtor, yet again. We've formed a pretty great relationship these past few weeks, I like him. Together we walked through the new place noting what was owners responsibilities to fix and what was tenants.

I was flattered by the realtor as he complimented me on my professionalism today regarding my attention to detail on this project / lease as it was obvious to him how much work I've put into all of this. Both my 2 year and 5 year business plan floored him. :)

Arrived home late afternoon in time to meet my daughter after school for some family time. We hung out for an hour, laying on the sofa having a cuddle before we pulled the living room apart rearranging it to ready for the inevitable Christmas tree.

While I was cooking dinner, my child made chocolate mouse inside dark chocolate dessert cups for our tasting pleasures before bed.

Opening my e-mail inbox is an ever frightening reminder that while I am making great leaps and strides forward on the new facility my ability to keep multiple projects juggled successfully is taking it's toll on me.

I'm really tired and feeling depleted. A holiday would be nice, but not realistic. Massages twice weekly needed yet I've not the time or resources. An assistant, but it's not in the business plan, as of yet. A lottery win helpful, but the gods haven't been so kind as of yet.

Tomorrow night I have a date. No, not a play date. No, not sex. I've been asked to dinner at a fantastic restaurant in the city, by a handsome man who is a Top. We're off to a place where I get to wear something pretty and that we have a 7:00 reservation at. I've never eaten at this particular place, yet it's been on my "to eat at" list for years.

Hopefully dinner, the conversation and companionship will be as special as I need them to be.