Friday, May 05, 2006

away on the island


Off to the Victoria Erotic Film Festival early this morning on BC Ferries and here till late Sunday.

(only truly returning because Tuesday I have to teach Private Parts: Genital Play for the Adventurous at The Love Nests Burnaby store AND because my daughter needs to get back to school)

A few months back I was approached then hired to teach two classes for the film festival, Sex Tips From a Bi Sexual Woman & Forbidden Fantasies: Role Playing in the Bedroom both fun classes and requiring little packing and readying for me other than notes.

With a beautiful hotel suite awaiting at The Strathcona, I'm confident the weekend is going to have great success. The hotel is one of Victoria's landmarks and is host to the world's only rooftop beach volleyball courts. Check out the photo. How cool is that?

Spent yesterday packing my bags of sexy educator clothes, mom/tourist garments & a couple of selections of evening wear weather and mood dependent. Today is just checking in to the hotel and then starting out on our foot tour of the city core, makes me happy to be able to park my vehicle and be able to walk to the attractions. Fresh air makes me feel great as does not having to pay the over inflated price for gas these days. painful

The film festivals three days of erotic art, film, seminars, performance & music is guaranteed to warm the body and mind. What's even better is that it's an event put on by other people so all I have to do is show up and teach. This excites me, an event not hosted by me where I have no other commitments or responsibilities. Yippee!



Not only is my daughter happily with me for the weekend, but I also have Allena here as she's presenting at the festival along with our good friend Teri.

When not at the festival and teaching, we plan on going to Bugs World, The Undersea Gardens, a tour of Parliament, walking through China Town, Miniature World and The Wax Museum.


Lot's to pack in to one weekend but seeing as I've pulled my daughter from school for this trip we might as well do as much as possible and call it an educational trip/holiday for us both. Woohoo!