Saturday, April 29, 2006

the mall

awoke earlier than planned to answer the phone as it had been incessantly ringing for an hour, invading my sleep. Figuring finally it may be important I stumbled to answer, only to find out that my child's Girl Guide function was being cancelled due to the down pouring of rain early today. Come get her now!

Off to pick up one soggy 12 year old, wrapped in a towel, bring her home to change clothes and then off to spend a number of hours at Metrotown this afternoon shopping, paying bills and enjoying a really good sushi lunch with my daughter. (despite, deep set fatigue on my behalf)

To lift my spirits, I came home with 2 new pair of shoes. A pair of gold flip flops from Old Navy that are simply put, cute. The shoes that excite me though are black pumps 3 inch heels and hot pink piping made by Fuel. Damn sexy they are AND Devon was having a sale and had employees that were helpful by getting you what you need, but then leaving you to make your decision. I value that a lot.

Not being much of a shopper by any stretch, I'm overwhelmed by the bells, whistles, flash and bustle of malls so avoid them at most any cost. Today was special though, as my daughter needed things in that hateful box on Kingsway, so off we went to find her treasures. Feeling lucky and blessed she's on the sofa enjoying her new purchases.

As I'm typing I've dropped into ITunes the James Blunt - back to bedlam CD. His lyrics and voice makes my knees wobble some and my heart ache. Good choice for a new CD for me and soothing music for my soul. I'm feeling in need of a lift.

No sex for Jennifer at last nights Naughty Party, however I was suspended & inverted from one of the two suspension frames by my Daddy would have played more but due to my head cold, the pressure in my sinuses required that I come down in a shorter than usual amount of time.

Later I pulled out my whip and singletailed Larry as his partner was being done elsewhere by someone.

Felicity thought she'd escape early, I found her though and foiled those plans bending her over a spanker, while using a large Butchmans hunting knife, my hands, teeth and some pink duct tape. Made her sing the Barney I Love You song and a few other youthful show tunes for my amusement. Busted my gut laughing as did everyone else as she forgot words, made up others and sang loud. With the duct tape ripped of her pretty lips it was a sight to behold.