Wednesday, March 08, 2006

in and to bed

home now from my evening class and settled in with the late news on the tv. I'd planned on writing once in tonight and dumping some of my thoughts here, but it would appear that I'm not up for it.

A man was laying in a cross walk a short while ago with blood coming out his left eye and his left temple was obviously in need of a couple of stitches. He'd fallen in the rain storm and was having trouble getting back up. Head wounds bleed profusely and his was no exception. The trickle of red blood running random mean looking lines down his face actually made my stomach churn for a second.

Stopped my car when I saw him laying there, put on the four way flashers, then got out with a blanket to help. A short while later, two young men stopped in a car to help me and they called 911 for an ambulance. When asked his name, the man could not come up with one for himself. Head traumas suck as do concussions.

Tomorrow I'm back working over at Little Sisters book store in the morning with Jim before heading off to my daughters Girl Guides fundraiser at the local church all afternoon. I'm in charge of the "white elephant" table with items for sale at the women's bridge luncheon over at the local church.

off to bed for this tired little sex activist

Jennifer