Monday, February 06, 2006

sounding board

when I tell you to email me with your questions and to use me a resource, I accept that workload and the understanding that it's unpaid. Another of the ways that I give back. I believe in the long term benefits of offering this information and support both to you and for myself & Libido Events.

What happened today baffled me. A woman emailed me late Friday afternoon (while I was in the city driving to an appointment and found myself in need of a tow truck) to tell me she needed a sounding a board. Then proceeded to tell me her issues with her partners candidly and then signed off abruptly.

This morning she emailed again, thanking me for being such a good sounding board. I'd not yet written her back yet and now I'm left wondering if her email was meant to be condescending. A put down because I'd yet to answer her plea for help or truly a thanks, because she knew she was safe, as is anyone, to send me their "stuff" at any time.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, daily I am faced with much email almost all requiring personal attention and not a form answer. If you email me understand that depending on what you're looking for from me, as of late it could take up to 10 days to get a response. You will get one though and it will be specific to you and your situation and directly from me privately and confidentially.


There is of course a way to see me and get a response from my quicker. You can hire me privately! (for yourself, you & your partner, a party or stagette) Money makes me able to make time to see you quicker and faster for you and to give you more of myself and knowledge. A private class or a chance to sit and talk with myself, what do you require?

What kind of information or resources can I provide?

I can be an information source for many things queer, kink, and sex-positive, both cultural and sexual. Some topics people have come to talk with me about include:

*Female bi-curiosity, bi-sexuality and coming out
*Polyamoury, multi-partner relationships, group sex and swinging
*All aspects of BDSM, Bondage & discipline, Sadism & masochism and Dominance & submission from any of the Top's or bottom's, Master's or submissive's perspectives
*Role-playing, fetish and other kinky sex
*Introduction to sex positive culture-communication and ethics, public SM play,
social sexy events, and educational opportunities from my Erotic Arts Curriculum

I can also be a sounding board; a safe person to share concerns with and ask questions of about a new interest, or a long existing one that you're trying to wrestle into a more comfortable position in your life. You may just want someone to whom you can tell your desires, and I'm a safe person for this.

Some people want to know how to bring a little kink into their bedrooms without having to leave the privacy their own home. A growing number of people and couples consult me before they start exploring their city's sex positive communities. They ask me to help them understand what to expect and how to best prepare themselves for a positive experience.

I can be a guidebook or a coach, an advocate or an educator. There really isn't a term for me. I'm Jennifer, an activist for sex-positive culture.

email jennifer@libidoevents.com for appointment times and rates