Thursday, February 09, 2006

interview & thank you note

The sun has been so radiant the last couple of days that I've managed to get out of my winter funk some what and play catch up in many areas. Both my desktop and office have been cleared of clutter and backlog.

Mistress Matisse from Seattles The Stranger newspaper has written to ask if Jim, Allena & I would be interviewed for an article on polyamory for next weeks issue that she's writing. Although I've yet to ask Bella or Daddy their thoughts on this, I do know our family, and I'm confident that we'll end up doing the interview with Matisse. We're all friends and have been for years now, and have been talking about doing this article for forever. So....

Poly appears to come naturally for us, (so not the case) as though we were born able to do maintain this level of relationship and love style. It seems to those who know us all as a triad that we make it look easy. We've each worked so hard on our own selves and issues before even arriving to this relationship, let alone poly that we knew our stuff fairly well coming in. So with honesty we made our confessions, told our truths, accepted the love of those around us and realized we had found our home with one another.

That we share similar passions & believe strongly in the power of family, joy and love has been what's seen us through some uniquely challenging times.

First came Jim & Allena in a relationship for a couple of years, then a few years later, Allena & I started a relationship simultaneously to Jim and Allena still being partnered. Allena & I fell in love, Jim & Allena were already in love. Then Jim & I started dating and Jim promptly fell in love with me breaking all my relationship rules at the time.

Finally I looked at the two people in my life who I each loved so much and who loved me and one another and I realized that I was fooling myself if I thought I wasn't in love already with Jim and with the realization of what we'd created. A polyamorous unit, our family.

Next week, in The Stranger, watch for our Poly Family with Jim, Jennifer & Allena.

And then in today's in box was this most touching e-mail about my activism: (after reading my last post)

about emails that may be sarcasm (or not.)
you probably know, but people will read your replies or non replies the way they need to at the time. (For better or worse)
keep up the good work you are doing.

i didn't think much about what you were doing at first (as in I just wasn't thinking about the impact you have). But after one of your parties and reading some of your blog, i really admire what you are doing, how you are doing it. You really are an inspiration. You probably have improved more peoples lives than you know. (because most wont be able to tell you how or why, they may not even be able to admit that you somehow have improved their lives).
From what i have seen it is not hard to see that you have built up one major credit balance of Karma in your life.

Not that i am trying to suck up to you, although you would be rather delicious, but you truly make a difference in the world.

so, thank you for making my life a little more real.


Tonight I'm teaching SM 101 A Little More Than a Slap & a Tickle to a local bisexual womans group. Off to pack my toy bags as it's a hands on class. Picture it, me and a room full of bisexual woman, all eager to learn about SM. What a lucky woman I am...