Monday, February 20, 2006

friends

My partner Allena put up a blog a short while ago and she's now starting to write regularly. You can read Bella's writing here. This is the woman who has most directly shaped my activism and who I "came out" for to the rest of the world. Prior to Allena, although having had experience with women sexually, I'd never called myself bisexual before. Falling in lust then love with Allena made me aware that bisexual was a label that fit me, if labels were going to be used as identifying factors either to myself or the outside world.

I am a bisexual woman who enjoys attention, love & sex with people of either or any gender.

Midori arrives in to me this afternoon, staying here for a few days while she's teaching classes for Libido Events. Tonight's class is Erotic Foot Pampering for Couples what an evening it's going to be, couples playing & learning alongside Midori.

Spoke with David Steinberg a few times over the last couple of days and we're readying for his visit to Vancouver to present for Libido Events in March. Even more exciting for us is that while David's in town, we're doing a photo shoot together. I get to be photographed intimately by the Erotic Photographer who changed the way I look at erotic art and it's beauty.

I've got to give thanks again to Little Sisters Books store for their continued support of sex-positive education. The store is very good to Libido Events, selling tickets to our events and keeping me supplied with all of the books that I need to remain an up to date sex educator. Thanks Jim for all you do, thus allowing me to pass on the seed and enthusiasm to others for a more varied rich sex life.


Washing a yucky pot last night in the sink, when I realized the scrubber I was using was dead. What does a sex activist do when she runs out of pot scrubbers at 10:30pm at night? Well I went into my storage room, opened up the bin that I keep my Wax & Ice play supplies in for classes and grabbed a fresh, new one. Does this make me a pervert?


Jennifer over at Tickled Pink and I were talking yesterday and she's got a bunch of new items over at her store worth checking out. Shopping at Tickled Pink means that you're supporting a local to Vancouver, woman owned adult store, that's also sex-positive.

Time for me to ready for another day of work. I'm so pleased that what I do for work is something that I enjoy and am passionate about. Part of what makes my job so cool is the varied people I meet and the opportunities & education that each brings with them.