Monday, January 09, 2006

in the parkade

today dressed in camouflage military cap & button-down shirt (with a pink sweater underneath) with jeans folded up to my knees and boots on my feet. New boots made of rubber; hot pink flowers with shiny black background & yellow detailing. When my daughter awoke this morning to my rousing her for school, she looked at me hard, and the visual of me had her chuckling and shaking her head. "Are you serious Mom?"

Walking through the parkade to the car, as I was doing my mother duties of chauffeuring my child to school and a man is sitting working on his truck in a parking stall. Being polite and neighborly I introduce myself and say Good Morning, commenting on the rainy weather; we chat for a brief minute as I continue to walk to my car.

Drive my daughter to school, come home for the day to work, then at 2:45 I'm driving up my street when I see something stuck under my windshield wiper. Pulling over, quickly and inquisitively, I snatch up the green business card.

The card states the occupation of the owner on one side, and on the other, written in pen is
Hi Jennifer Give Me A Call, Ed 604 555 1234
Maybe we can have a nice visit. L8R


How to deal with this I'm unsure. I'd thought that seeing me dressed as I was he would have been shocked at my boldness and gone the other way. Remember, my daughter and I are holding hands, I'm obviously an oddly dressed, living his own building, single parent; surely a sane man would not have left his card and number on my windshield. Sighs, but he did and now I need to be polite again and give him a call and tell him that I'm not available.

Oh I am so not available. chuckle, chuckle, chuckle


=======

I saw this on a bumper sticker today "When the power of love, Overcomes the love of power, The world will know peace."