Saturday, January 07, 2006

live in concert

just over an hour ago my daughter and I arrived home safe and sound. Our ears are still ringing, the vibrations from the music are still pumping life through our veins.

At the PNE tonight, we had tickets [a Christmas present] to see Hilary Duff live in concert. Given that my daughter whose 12 is truly coming of age, she amazed me this evening with dancing & cheering for someone who is her first music icon. Duff, go figure. This was also our second time seeing Hilary live.

It was a lengthy concert and filled in the coliseum to capacity was what appeared to be every woman / young woman of child bearing age in the GVRD. Probably 90% in the crowd this evening was female; it was shocking to see what some mothers allowed their daughters to be wearing or behaving like.

Suffice to say, we had such a wonderful night out together and it's another experience I'm grateful I had the chance to share with my child.

Now, sitting naked watching the news, just out of the tub, towel wrapped around my head and I've got some final details to complete on this project on my desktop before I can head off to bed.

Bed and sleep is where I should be given that tomorrow I'm teaching two classes in Birch Bay for the Adult Friend Finder Group in the afternoon.

Jennifer