Friday, January 13, 2006

an email

this email came to me this morning from a couple who I don't know. They found themselves in a class of mine the other night at The Taboo Show, my Sex Tips From A BiSexual Woman. I thought I'd share how new people "view" me when coming across me in a workshop setting.


Hi Jennifer,

We just wanted to extend our thanks for your workshop seminar you conducted at the Taboo Sex Show Thursday evening. We attended the first one of the evening - the one with the faulty headset - and we thoroughly enjoyed it! It was my first experience at the sex show with my partner, and her first time ever.

We talked the whole way home about how impressed we were with your character and maturity. While we agreed that some people may be offended by a presentation like that - and if they are they shouldn't be at the sex show to begin with - but we were both struck by your self-assurance. You really come across as someone who is comfortable with who she is and doesn't worry what naysayers may think, and that's a very admirable quality. And somewhat rare these days.

My partner absolutely adored your frank choices of words - in fact, we both groan with embarassment when so-called "sex experts" shy away from real language. We enjoyed hearing about new and often confusing things in plain, everyday, easy-to-understand language. So thanks for that.

We are new to alternative sexuality but in the year we've been together we have come to realize we're both very curious and open-minded. So our next step is to figure out where our interests lie, and where they may take us. Thanks for a positive and highly enjoyable 'initiation'!!

Tom and Sue
(names changed to protect all)


oh and by the way, I'm teaching at Taboo Saturday afternoon again, 2 classes, and another on Sunday. Sex Tips, Erotic Wax and Ice Play & Tie Me To The Bed Posts Please! If you plan on attending, look for me and let's say say Hi!



blessinngs

Jennifer