Thursday, January 12, 2006

class, toys, surgery date change

at 7:00pm this evening I was on stage wearing a head set at The Taboo Show in downtown Vancouver. Wow, what an amazing experience to do a 30 minute demo of Sex Tips From A Bi Sexual Woman in such a venue at such a fast pace. There was just no way for me to get in any more information than I did, time was short but the sex tips were plenty. It's such a high to watch the look of recognition wash across peoples faces as what I'm educating about rings true for them or stirs something in them.

Plenty of familiar faces present from Vancouver's sex positive communities. Many people I knew professionally & personally through the sex industry or through events I host or attend were there, it was great to be able to catch up with 20% of my address book at once.

At 9:00pm I was sitting naked under a blanket with my daughter on the sofa at home, cuddled up watching tv. In my room is my rolling suitcase with my workshop aids in it and a few bags of new sex toys, books and products that need to be explored and tried out, about 20 new items to add to the collection. (toys will be gone over tomorrow when child is in school) And before you gasp at the number of new toys I left with, know that I gained everything in the name of sex positive education.

Sitting in the back of mind all day has been some news that I've been rolling around trying to come to terms with. My surgery date has been moved to January 18, which is next Wednesday. Given that I thought I had till Feb 1 to prepare emotionally for the surgery, it seems that with the event happening next week, I will have no time to work myself in to a frenzy. Between motherhood and 4 more events before the big day, it would seem that I'm meant to fly in the front door of the hospital, and fly right back out the Exit when done, with a magic wand to sprinkle me with speedy recovery time before returning to work.

two more teaspoons of Robitussin for my head / chest cold that I'm currently nursing and now I'm going to bed...

hugs to you all, and thank you to everyone who brought me treats tonight at the show and little gifts, I enjoyed meeting all the new faces from the mailing list and seeing some of you friends that I don't run across all that often

Jennifer