Wednesday, November 23, 2005

blessed people

Alone time when I'm not asleep or working, I'm very very short on this. This means however that I've got many blessed people around me filling my waking moments.

B emailed me last week asking me out on a date again and I've simply been to busy to get back to him. Then today when checking messages, I listened to one he had left me yesterday, asking me out again. B's in need of some sex education under my watchful eye and would like to book a private appointment if that's what it takes to see me. Almost fell off my chair laughing while feeling truly sought after. Emailed him back right away and suggested next Tuesday as a date night as it's my first night free. Seeing as we are both single parents there are schedules to juggle but getting together again is a priority!

Being facetious upon my suggesting Tuesday night he emails this back to me

As long as Jennifer sometimes gets what she wants, and always wants more - I think it still holds up as a good theory!

Next Tuesday sounds good, quick now go check all of your background planners, teaching agendas and social calendars (then call Kara and ask her if you've forgotten anything) before you commit.)
It feels good to me to be known so well. : ) : )

Tonight belongs to my daughter and so does Thursday night as it's our girls night in together: facials, foot soaks & manicures while watching Survivor. Friday after work I've got a date booked with kara: a special date night out. Saturday after my working all day Jim is coming up for the evening and we've got BIG plans and he's staying over till Sunday.

Doug was by yesterday morning on his way out of town. Stopped by for an hour to drop something off to me, get felt up & kissed some and say good bye before heading off. Before he could leave though, I asked him to do a little favor for me. After I convinced him to agree to the favor before knowing what it was, I explained all. (I enjoy playing with trust) Since my daughter had left her science project at home and it was due, I needed him to drive it over to her school and take it to her in class.

Now bear in mind, this man has no children of his own and this I'm his first relationship in "poly" dating other than he and his partner. And here I ask him as his Top to go to my child's school to drop off her homework. Now it's not like he hadn't been to her school before, I took him on parent teacher interview day and made him wait in the hallway while I had my meeting.

About 20 minutes after he'd left my home to deliver the missing project I phoned him on his cell. "Have you dropped it off yet? "Yes" chuckle, chuckle. "What's so funny" I say? Doug draws a breath and says " I wasn't so sure walking into a grade 7 class that I'd be able to pick your daughter out of the other 30 in the room!" ah ha I hadn't thought of that I think to myself as Doug says "but I found her right away and handed it off." "Thanks for the help" I say.

It's taken community to raise me into the activist that I am and it's taken a private smaller community of people to help me raise my child while creating sex positive culture. To all of you who are close enough to share my daughter with me and to know her, you know how special you must be to me, in order to know her. It's all your support with raising her that makes my activism easier and our lives together that much richer. With gratitude xoxoxoxo

Jennifer