Wednesday, September 07, 2005

the sit down talk

came home from work tonight and had on my mind some of the things I tell to those I'm looking to date or play with or have as poly & life partners. Here is a small sampling...

After being with someone intimately I'll freshen up or shower before seeing you. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

When I have a date I'll tell you with whom, general plans and when I'm returning. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

When returning from a date, I'll let you know that I'm safe and if anything else happened that you should know about. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

I will do my best to not surprise you with anything from my other relationships. I'll not fall in love with someone and tell you after I've figured it out. Once I know something to be true for myself, in a relationship of mine aside from ours, I'll bring it to the table so you'll never be caught completely off guard by my stuff. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

No one will ever know of our deep private times, I will never sacrifice us and share those times with any other. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

Unless I ask to know one of your casual play partners, then I have no interest in knowing them. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

There will be no romantic phone calls to my other partners in front of you during our dedicated time together. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

Kissing so big in today's culture and our community, when we're out together, I will not kiss and suck face with anyone other than you, without your consent. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

After a date of mine and there is a mess left behind; the after math of an afternoon of some sex, bondage, play and passion. You are soon to arrive, I'll go full steam putting everything away before you're arrival, because you deserve a fresh start to our time together, not watching me tidy from something or someone else. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

If I do something in public with another, you will be the first to know from my lips what it was, as you will never be left to hear something third hand. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

The hour we agreed to meet at, shall find me there waiting for you on time and prompt. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

If I need something from you emotionally I'll do my best to articulate it to you directly, maturely and away from others. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

Should you ever ask me a question, know that honesty will be what drives my answer. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

When times are hard, I'm angry or frustrated with us, I may leave the room to catch my breath but I will never walk away and leave you behind. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

In our relationship together, know that whatever I start with you, I vow to finish. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

To keep you safe I'll not share with others the things we do that I know are hard for you. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

When you have something to say, I will stop and not simply hear you, but actually stop and listen to you. Honor me with the same courtesy please.


You will be treated with respect and regard in public. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

I will not ask you to marry me. Honor me with the same courtesy please.

Whomever loves you, I will keep you safe for and return you to, in good condition. Honor me with the same courtesy please.




good night one and all,

Jennifer
Libido Events