Friday, September 09, 2005

the sit down talk continued

This morning as I was driving my daughter to school I was mentally adding to yesterdays list of things that I talk with my partners about, here is the final list of the major items that spring to mind....

I can not be all things to you, nor am I interested in trying to be everything to you. Honor me with the same courtesy.

If I'm going to take a risk or do something big with a casual partner in my life, as someone I love, I will talk with you about it before hand. Honor me with the same courtesy.

When booking play time and dates with others, I will remember our life together as the priority and everything else as a bonus. Honor me with the same courtesy.

If you say Jennifer absolutely not can I accept you playing or sleeping with this person, then after we talk it over and I understand your rational feelings, I will move forward to someone else. There are enough people in this world, that I never need to put you out, in pursuit of my own pleasure. Honor me with the same courtesy.

Personal notes or gifts between myself and those I'm close to will be kept not locked away, but rather tucked away. You're welcome to see them but they will not be in your face. Honor me with the same courtesy.

The lovers pet names used between us when we're together I shall never use with another partner. Honor me with the same courtesy.

I'll never tell you that you do something just like soandso my other partner, even if paid as a compliment. You are unique and will remembered and talked to as such. Honor me with the same courtesy.

That sex toy we bought together for our use, remains ours, no one else will ever touch it unless we've talked about it before hand. Honor me with the same courtesy.

If an emergency comes up for one of your other partners, you as an ethical partner, I understand must help, in whatever way you can. Honor me with the same courtesy.

Knowing that you juggle more than one relationship, a work life, manage a home and a personal life I accept that sometimes my wants may have to go to the back burner for a short time. Honor me with the same courtesy.

I'll never push you to do something sexually with me that you have no interest in exploring. Honor me with the same courtesy.

If something changes in my life circumstances or other relationships that is "big" I will bring it you right away. Honor me with the same courtesy.

I accept that relationships need not be a life time long to be a success, so when ours is over, if ever, it'll be ok and I can be your friend. Honor me with the same courtesy.

Sometimes relationship mistakes just get made or our guidelines forgotten, I understand it's hard in the beginning and even harder sometimes when lust clouds the judgment. When you make a mistake, tell me right away, so I can forgive you and you yourself. Honor me with the same courtesy.


Jennifer
Poly & Proud