Saturday, August 27, 2005

misogyny / misandry and love

Misogynist, meaning a woman-hater is formed on the Greek misogunes, from misein, meaning hate, misos, meaning hatred, and gune, meaning WOMAN. It first appeared in written English in 1620 (spelled misogenyst).

In 1980 Sheila Ruth Defined misogyny as a word which "includes the beliefs that women are stupid, petty, manipulative, dishonest, silly, gossipy, irrational, incompetent, undependable, narcissistic, castrating, dirty, over emotional, unable to make altruistic judgments, oversexed, undersexed....Such beliefs culminate in attitudes that demean our bodies, our abilities, our characters, and our efforts, and imply that we must be controlled, dominated, subdued, abused, and used, not only for male benefit but for our own." (Issues In Feminism: A First Course in Womens Studies, 1980)

It was not until 1946 that misandry, meaning hatred of men, from the Greek aner, andr-, meaning a man, entered the vocabulary.

It's important for me to tell you that I'm intelligent, precise, honest, practice privacy and excellent personal & professional boundaries, am clean, skilled at loving myself or finding partners willing to do so with me, rational, strong, independent and willing to take ownership for my own stuff.

Know that Jim thinks I'm the most beautiful woman in the world and is moved by my commitment and passion towards anything I touch or breath life into. He knows my strengths and encourages me to follow and pursue my dreams and lust. I'm by no means squashed in my relationship here where I give up control, but rather empowered.

No one has the right to control me or my body in any way, shape or form and I'd fight for this right if it was ever taken from me. I can give up the control for a moment or a relationship long, but no one has the right to me. I'm a woman capable of standing on her own and achieving much for my family and for a greater community. Not just things for myself but things for others to benefit and grow by as well. I'm a creator, visionary and a force.

So strong, so strong, oh yes I am! This is who I am, because this is who I've evolved in to being while dealing with life. Strong, proud and independent. Then Jim shows up and there is my submission pouring out of me...it's how I love, atleast in this relationship. Jim doesn't hate me, no no, rather the opposite, Jim, my Daddy, he loves me so much that he dominates and controls me; subdues and uses me for strictly his own pleasures, and controls areas whole areas of my life, self and body. Misogynist?? Nope, sorry wrong answer. Rather a loving BDSM relationship between two mature consenting adults.

Only in my relationship with Jim have I freely given up certain basic rights, privlidges and expectations. It's a gift that I give to him, my trust unwavering and with that, my body. Use me for your pleasure, but keep me safe, god help us both, keep me safe and I'll come crawling back over and over again for more of you if you'll love me in this way. Love me with discipline, rules, regard, respect, a heavy hand and I'll continue to give up that control so you no longer need to take it anymore, it's become a given.

In being used by my partner because this is what we've chosen as our love style, well this is nothing more than a miracle that we've found one another. It's while being used, when my mind has taken the leap of faith necessary to allow this to happen that I start feeling as though I'm being empowered and filled with life fuel. It's over these times that I've come to find my biggest strengths and to know my most ugliest truths.

There is beauty in finding someone to share yourself in this way, I'm fortunate enough to have found Jim and in him love, Daddy and a Sir. Some times the way that we love one another looks odd to others, let's just all remember that there are many different love styles.

Jennifer
who loves a little differently

PS right now my car is packed and I'm heading off to work all day from 11:30-6pm then drive straight to this evenings Womens Only Naughty Party - a sex positive event from 8-1am then home by 3 because Doug is arriving at 10 to help me paint a room in my house for the day!