Tuesday, June 14, 2005

bare breasts and a hug

There was a woman in last nights Rope Bondage 2 class who had an impact on me. This attractive young woman, reminded me of what it is like to be new in an area of sex positive culture and how easy it is to assume things about people.

The body harness class was two and a half hours long and when it ended at 9:30 everyone stood around talking while the clean up was taking place. I had my top and my bra off as we'd just been doing chest harnesses in the class and I'd not made it yet to putting it back on. So this woman is leaving finally at nights end and I, topless, go walking over to her and motion in that way that says may I hug you? and she opens her arms and we embrace, (bare chest to t shirt covered chest) briefly for like 5-7 seconds and then I thanked her for making it out to the class and stepped back.

"Wow, that's a first" she says, sounding perhaps a tad out of breath and looking flushed. "I've never hugged a bare breasted woman before!" "Really, you've never hugged a woman before with bare tits?" "Nope." And I realize as she tells me this that I had assumed she would have been in contact with another woman before in a sexual setting. Which is a reminder for me that just because someone attends a class on any topic in the erotic arts does not mean that they have any interest in any of the other areas and that because someone is in a class, does not suddenly give them experience or make them experienced in that or any other arena as well.

I say to her, "the skin right up here, is so soft when you stroke it like this.

And I take my index and middle finger, crook them and stroke slowly the warm fleshy area above my breast where the arm and breast meet. And say,"oh yeah, really soft, try me..." Her eyes widen a little and I watch as her hand extends towards me and she mimic my movement as strokes me twice right where I had shown her. Nothing more, nothing less. Just an opportunity to try something new. And she did. Then she looked me square in the eyes, with a big smile on her face and said "and that's all that I'm going to touch too."

Me, I was just happy that I had the opportunity to be a safe first for somebody and in that I felt like my daily dose of activism had been achieved. This mixed in with our successful rope bondage class and I was doing well last night.

New guy and his wife even made it out and I was thrilled to have them there and to see him getting all tied up and also practicing his rope skills too.

Jim and I made our way back home finally, watched the news, then closed our bedroom door for a couple hours of late night, hush hush on the noises of ecstasy, desire and pain, cause the child's sleeping in the next room kind of SM & sex play that we were in need of.

Jennifer