Friday, July 02, 2010

Riding a Bike

Allena gave me a new bike a few weeks ago, so I could drive around town with the baby in tow all summer long. Then earlier today Jason and I went and purchased a a baby stroller that clips onto the bike and pulls the baby along at ground level.

Until this afternoon I had not been on a bicycle in 27 years. The last time I rode a bike, it did not have gears. That is how inexperienced I am as a cyclist. My new bike has twenty one gears and to stop, one does not peddle backwards, rather one utilizes the thumb controls on the handle bars. Very, very freaky.

Jason already had a bike so he was set. We donned our helmets and he quickly gave me a riding tutorial on the street out front of our house, before we began our adventure.

I was lucky that Jason hooked the carrier onto his bike today because I had and continue to have a large learning curve attached to navigating myself on a bicycle. Pickle had such a great ride. First we went to Costco, then we headed out on the open road and over a bridge and up a hill.

My thighs burned. And my legs were wobbly. But I did it. It was fun and bicycling constitutes exercise as well.

The draw backs thus far to biking are that the seat really really hurt my girl bits. And the seat kept pushing my clitoral hood piercing way further out of place to even be considered comfortable. My pelvic floor feels bruised and is not at all pleased with the abuse it suffered.

As I see it, if my pussy is going to hurt from doing something I enjoy, then I best be getting some orgasms attached to it too. No orgasms, means either no further bike riding, or a new seat.

Since I enjoy the bike riding and it is far better than jogging, I now find myself in search of the perfect "seat".

Anyone know if they exist and where to buy an infant helmet?