Thursday, July 01, 2010

Let me just start of by saying, that this story, is totally true and was sent to me by a good friend and Lounge member. To say my job is critical, is an understatement. Often people don't realize what they do not know, until they meet someone with more information than them.

Interesting story.

This just shows me the ignorance of our youth and why you (Jennifer) talk to Colleges.

My co-worker who I will call Lori is 21. Decides to go clubbing Wednesday and wants to use tampons for the first time but is a virgin. She comes to me for advise. I suggested a wee bit of Vaseline to assist (that’s what I did the first time and it worked). So she does this and reports back that it was perfect but, …. she didn’t know how to pee with it in.

I just looked at her for a moment. She's dead, serious and waiting for me to tell her. Every time she had to pee, she removed her tampon. She asked her friends how to pee with the tampon and no one knew.

I explained that she had 3 holes (urethra, vaginal and anus). She freaked out and said she did NOT have 3.

I politely explained it to her and then showed her actual diagrams and walked her through it all. Seriously, Anatomy 101.

21 yrs. old. None of her friends knew. I was floored. Again, this is why you do what you do.