Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Two Wheeled Mode of Transport

I am in want. I need a bicycle.

Something to get me around my neighborhood now that Spring is really here and better weather is finally a reality.

The last time I was on a bike, to use the brakes, I just had to peddle backwards.

I have never, ever ridden a bicycle with gears.

Truth be told, I don't want to spend a ton of money on a bike either. And ideally I want to buy one second hand.

Nothing too fancy, just something cute, safe, easy to navigate and road worthy.

If I can learn to ride it well enough to feel confident, then I want to purchase a closed in carrier for the back so I can tow the baby along with me. You know one of those three wheeled contraptions that allows the little guy to motor along with me, on the ground though and not up behind me in a seat.

And I am just dorky enough that I may want a bell and a handle bar bag too. But that's for down the road.

First, I need to find a bike.

Any leads? Any ideas?

Have one you no longer want? Sell it to me? Give it to me and get it out of your house or garage, I'll pick it up even.

Thanks.