Saturday, April 03, 2010

How To Kill A Pecker

I have an unwanted pecker. Get your mind out of the gutter, its not what you think I am referring to.

There is a wood pecker in our neighborhood who has decided it likes making holes in our house. A big hole in the front of our house, and I do mean big, and another on the back side of the house. I have been hearing weird noises for the last week and half but was unable to figure out what it was. That is, until yesterday when the gaping holes were noticed. Then this morning when the hammering noise started, Jason jumped out of bed, threw on my robe and ran outside, just in time to witness a woodpecker pounding away on our home.

Our house. The single most expensive purchase of our lives is being eaten by a bloody wood pecker. I am so not amused. Of course, it would have to happen to us, as our lives are always just so dull that we needed something added in for excitement. Yeah right!

Anyways, I am all for killing the thing. Currently the roof repair bill is going to high enough and god knows we don't want to fix the damage just to have him return to cause more chaos and harm.

So perhaps a BB gun. You got one you would be willing to lend us? Well actually Jason. Because you see, I couldn't shoot a critter no matter how mad I was at it, unless of course it was threatening my life. And at this time the damn bird is only threatening my home, so I am all for Jason knocking it off on my behalf.

There were no holes in our roof previously, the wood pecker made them himself. Jason finds it amusing than an unwanted pecker has followed me home. Story of my life really.

Now, aside from a BB gun and killing the damn thing, what is there that we can we do? We need a fast course of action.

It is not living in our attic as it turns out, just chomping holes into it, then flying away most likely happy about it's accomplishment.