Friday, February 05, 2010

Accomplishments

The day of productivity ... such is life. Jason's first day off of three and we spent it running around tending to a number of things on the To-Do List of life.

Shopping for a new vehicle on car lots, then an appointment at the bank as we are buying one. Contractors at the Lounge putting in a new bathroom sink while another framed the inside entrance door in crown moldings and hung a matching coat rack. A stop at the fruit and veggie store to replenish supplies. A vehicle load of pop to top up our supply at the Lounge. Supplies for the feline in our house.

By the time we arrived back home just over six hours had gone by and we were wiped.

I laid out topless on the sofa, with the Pickle next to me. Then I dropped a breast into his mouth and he ate in between him and I cat napping while Jason cooked us dinner.

My state of exhaustion is high these days, it's a combination of medication, lack of sleep, new motherhood and over extending myself. So at 8:30 I promptly declared that I needed to go to bed. I left Jason and the baby together watching tv and off I went.

We managed to accomplish a lot in the day, and I was so glad to not have to do it all on my alone. Hauling a car seat in and out of the vehicle with a baby in it is tiring in off itself, let alone all that needed to be done.

We had lofty plans of an afternoon nap and some raunchy sex, sadly neither of those very exciting activities happened. Tomorrow is another day though and we will try again.