Thursday, January 28, 2010

Make-Over

It's to be expected I suppose. I barely feel very womanly these days.

Between being a patient, a milk dispenser and a poo changer, the opportunity to spend time on myself has been non existent.

I really need an appointment for a hair cut and color. Another booking for a manicure and a pedicure. And of course an hour and a half with my massage therapist.

Though all the work in the world could be done on me to make the shell look awesome, yet in my closet is next to nothing that fits my frame properly. A shopping trip is necessary to find some new pieces for me to mix and match with what I already have so I can feel attractive again as I go about life in some properly fitting clothes.

I've not worn cosmetics in months and my beauty regime is at a complete stand still. Some days just brushing my teeth is an accomplishment and bathing is down right difficult. My right arm has to stay dry and my pump has to be hung in the tub with me --- shaving is comical and I'm lucky I've not cut off a labia lip as I fumble an attempt to make myself smooth.

Finding clothes that fit over my PICC line is not impossible but truly not easy. Finding new bras that support my nursing breasts is necessary. New slacks and a pair of yoga pants are a must, and with these I also require new sensible shoes with no heel. I have virtually no flats what so ever.


Getting the time away from the baby for some me time is going to be a challenge yet I know I need to make the effort to do these things so I feel better about myself.

Wish me luck.