Friday, October 09, 2009

Singles Event in Vancouver

My morning was spent being lazy and sleeping in next to my man in our bed. He doesn't work Friday's so a chance to wake up with him is always cherished. We rolled out of bed around eleven and it was great. We remained in our robes for the entire day and with the teenager at school we had the house to ourselves. Sadly I am still too under the weather to be anything other than cuddly and whiny, but hey at least I can be this way at home and no one complains other than me. (I am so loved)

Around one o'clock I crawled back into bed and promptly fell back asleep for an hour and a half by myself. The nap was crucial to my healing process as my wisdom teeth are still bothering me a lot and contractions are taking their toll too. My back is killing me and the pain meds. are continuing to make me nauseous. So yeah, the nap was needed.

After I did some work on the computer I couldn't help but note that Jason was on the sofa in his robe, reading a baby name book. (still) He's been working on his favorite names list and was at about the letter N when I decided to join him. I threw the cushions onto the floor, pushed my man over some to make more room for me and my belly, then laid myself out alongside him. Then with a blanket pulled up over us, and his arms around me we looked over baby names together. Five minutes or so into our little bonding fest, with me snuggled against his chest, I fell asleep, yet again.

When I awoke I was startled by the time. Five thirty. Yikes. I ran around the house tidying, dressing and readying for my evening of work.

Let me start by saying that Speed Dating tonight at The Lounge was a blast. Everyone was well dressed and the event went off without incident. The games I chose made it possible for each person to learn about the rest of the group and be able to disclose anything about themselves they wanted to that felt relevant to be being known better. Trust me when I say that what certain people shared was eye-opening, funny, poignant and sexy as hell. Tomorrow when I awaken I'll spend the time to hook-up everyone who signed up to be notified of all their potential matches. I so love this part of my job.

Home now and ready to head to bed. I am a real sleepy head today and I figure I should grab the sleep while I can ... because soon enough a little man will be dictating my sleep hours and I'll have little control over that period of time.