Saturday, June 06, 2009

Olympic Tickets for the Family

This morning a bevy more tickets went up for grabs on the Vancouver 2010 website. We tried for some time to log in and only found ourselves being held in their virtual waiting room whilst every thirty seconds the page refreshed and by lottery we were entered into whether or not we would be granted access to purchase tickets.

No such luck.

Off we went to the bank where we finished the paperwork on our new house, and a life insurance package. A feeling of maturity washed over me as I signed the papers and realized the commitment that had just been made.

We then hit a store that sold baby clothes, and I found a lot of items that were so adorable that I just had to have them. RC bought me everything I had in my arms, and I left most pleased with the new purchases.

Once we arrived home, I attempted to gain access to the Olympic website, and this time made it in on my second try. Who would have thought this possible? Certainly not me.

In short order, we had ourselves tickets for Ice Hockey. Damn am I ever pleased that we persisted in acquiring these.

Despite my feelings on how the Olympic committee has treated British Columbians, I want my daughter and us all to have the experience of being part of such a memorable time in BC's history.

Now, time for a nap.