Sunday, March 15, 2009

Professional Growth

In the last year, my target audience has shifted substantially. I spend more and more of time educating professionals, lobbyists, educators, legal systems, universities, colleges, health care providers, trade shows, and other entities for large contracts. Gone lately is the small class format, perhaps it is the economy. Or maybe, it was just time for me to branch off into another arena, so I could gather new experiences.

It's a change that pays me well, but that has left me feeling alienated from my beginning point. It keeps me humble doing the smaller gigs, but the larger ones afford me not only more money but also further expansive opportunities and serious professional growth. Not to mention the kick ass networking at this level of acclaim.

I feel a wee bit out of place, though must confess to enjoying the new climate and clientele. It's refreshing, rejuvenating and inspiring to work with people who have sought out to learn new ideas and are willing to invest what it takes.