Monday, May 19, 2008

Air Conditioning

Reflecting a little in the quiet morning of the house, on the last day of this long weekend it's hard not to be rattled by all the happenings.

Friday was Wreck ..... a get naked with my partner and hang out down at the beach enjoying the weather, ocean and one another kind of day. Despite using sun screen SPF 30, we each managed too much sun on various spots on our bodies. Not at all pleasant to have ones skin hurting, I actually had to ask RC to hold me by the hips when we were in bed fucking, cause quite frankly, it was causing me great pain. And NOT of the exquisite variety.

Saturday was Costco shopping, right as they opened for Business Members at 9:30, I was there and loading up a cart. Zooming through the warehouse towards the exit with everything purchased from my list, and a few more add-ons because hey, it's Costco, and their selection and pricing is quite attractive. My bill was less than I had budgeted for and I was feeling good about how my day was going thus far.

Got to the Lounge, and brought all the groceries in, which was a feat in of itself, all by myself. Stocking up the fridge, which by the way, we got a new one of. A newer white model that is already well in use. As I was finishing filling the cupboards with snacking items I realized how unbearably hot it was inside the facility.

I decided to turn on the lights finally in the place, and the air conditioning so I could run about and set up for the evenings event. A large number of women are about to converge on the Lounge at 7:30 for DIRTY GIRLS, our play party.

The A/C would not work. It won't come on, it is only blowing hot air. Not something the place needs more of. Especially since we have no windows that open it is imperative that there be cool air, cold air. But Nothing.

OK so I finish setting up for the evenings party, turn off the lights and head back home to my computer and files. Locating a repair company can't be that hard right? Wrong. Every entity I found was charging outrageous over time rates on a scorcher of a Saturday, which was of course our long weekend. This was beyond anything I was capable of dealing with.

Professional help came early today, thanks to the Property Management Company and fixed the sucker so it blows cold air again, and not stifling heat.

At times from the outside looking in, I am sure my life looks so flamboyant, happy and stress free. I just wanted to pay homage to the fact, that my life sucks from time to time as well, and that I too have stresses. Usually I choose to forge on and keep the sucky news to myself, this time I shared it with you all.

Good news is now we have our kick ass Air Conditioning System in perfect working order, and ready for a HOT summer of partying and exploits.