Wednesday, April 02, 2008

teenage mood swings

Being the parent of a teen aged daughter is a constant reminder of how little power I hold over another. Specifically her.

She is a wonderful child.

She is a good girl and has excellent behavior.

Yet for me, she challenges me beyond belief. (sporadically and not really on anything big, just on enough little things to make me scream)

Of all my worries in life and regarding my daughter, I have never been concerned about her where abouts, or how tight we are.

To me this speaks volumes to how well she has been raised, and how far I have come since my parents pushed me out of their crumbling nest.

My daughter though a teenager, is fast becoming a young woman, and her growing up, has really been virtually painless on us both. Well at least in comparison to my own rocky start as a young person.

I guess I salute her moodiness, and celebrate the fact that we are sharing it together.