Monday, June 25, 2007

purchases

Shopping is not something that is ever high on my priority list - it happens to be an activity that makes me uncomfortable, it always has. I forever have a list of items that I'm in need of as we all do though. I loathe stores, hate malls and despise seasonal pressure to make just-the-right purchases. However with all that said, even I, now and then need to make my way out to the retail world to make new acquisitions or else I would starve or run around in no clothing all the time. (not just most of the time as is now)

Today was the day I am not so fond of. I managed to find a pair of sporty with a touch of dress up walking shorts and a light-as-a-sheet-of-paper V-neck sleeveless shirt. Layering of T's and tanks is foreign to me, well at least until this past Spring. The warm weather as of late a gentle reminder that I should own a few more summer clothes. There were so few color choices in the stores that I found appealing, I could have looked longer, or harder, but again...I do not like to shop. RC is incredible with a sewing machine - I think it is time to suggest he "fit me" for a pair of shiny PVC shorts, then assemble them one evening for me.

Off next to buy food, a necessary staple of life. Grocery shopping with T to a large box store, before heading to the butchers and then the produce market. I'm not one to make a big deal out of food either. It can be said though, that I have a sensitive palette. Salmon and scallops was the highlight of the tantalizing treats thrown into the cart. That neither T or RC are partial to seafood sucks as when I cook something, I am left to eat it all.

Given the choice, my personal preference for a retail expedition is first thing in the morning, right as the store is opening. It easier for me to navigate a store if it is empty of crowds and loud noise. Upon further reflection I also greatly dislike the fluorescent lights associated with malls along with store associates that feel the need to hover. Both of these, BLAH!

In an effort to ease my tension from the stress accumulated lately, I have booked myself in for a lengthy and rather pricey body massage later today. The girl that does me, is making a small mint from me these past few weeks. My neck and shoulders create most of the ache I suffer, its of course muscle knots.