Tuesday, June 26, 2007

on maturity

Life can get overwhelming for me at times quickly, even as an adult. Perhaps not as often anymore now that I have gotten older, yet it still does happen from time to time.

I am one of those people who must be cautious not to allow myself to be swept up by ideas or feelings as this can happen fast for me. When younger I had a tendency to jump right into situations with out thinking ahead, now with maturity under my belt I am able to sit back and face a situation head on, reserving my personal knee jerk reaction till a more suitable time can be found.

At a mere youthful thirty four years of age and with an astonishing 13 years of parenting behind me finally I am able to stay grounded in the moment, in the here and now, to deal with things as they happen.