Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I never even noticed

Today in my mailbox was a small envelope that I'd been awaiting on pins and needles to receive, the contents though minute in size was most valuable to me.

Recalling last week.... RC, the teen-ager and myself sitting at the table enjoying dinner together and the phone rings.

I answer, only because it is Bella. (Allena)

Bella: "So honey, did you lose something last weekend when you were here?"

Me: thinking deeply, "Nope, nothing, why?"

Bella: "Are you sure, because in my bed I found a bead....."

Me: at the dinner table, pulling up my top and pulling my breast free from the bra to exclaim "holy crap, you're right! I did leave something behind." "Wow, thank you for finding it and can you believe it is still straight through my nipple in perfect place without the bead securing it there."

Teenager & RC: looking at my one breast sans bead to hold the barbell in place and smiling oddly at me in shock, laughing at my predicament to one another, while continuing to eat dinner.

Bella: "I found it in my bed honey, likely lost during my birthday celebration."

Me: thinking in my head, I likely lost that during our three-some on her birthday morning wake-up. While saying out loud "can you mail that to me ASAP in a padded envelope so it doesn't poke out and get lost for good this time."

Bella: "Done"

Later after dinner RC taped a piece of medical cloth tape over the piercing to hold it in place till the bead arrived as I didn't want to have to remove it.

The bead came today and is now secured again on to my left barbell where it belongs.