Wednesday, November 15, 2006

hating the distance

Over the years I've developed my own coping mechanisms for dealing with having partners who live on the other side of the border as Americans and not local to me in my own city or country.

I really wish she was closer in driving distance right now because her input to various aspects of my current journey is oh so wanted. E-mails and her voice on the phone does not suffice any longer, I find myself in want of her physical presence.

I hate the kilometers and border guards between us right now, longing for the ease of a few minute commute across city not country lines to spend time with the one I love.

When we spoke on the phone my girl told me she had plans on driving up here to help me work on what needs done to get things completed on the new building. Wow, I am ever blessed to have her in my life.

That we've been in love and partnered for so many years blows me away some times, leaving me in smiles, the realization that one of my life partners is a woman. Allena's love & self have transformed my world.

Together what we are capable of is astounding. We are a force.