Thursday, April 20, 2006

my 12 year old

We're home early this afternoon from school due to parent teacher interviews happening today; last week was report cards. Thankfully and blessed are we as a family that the only time my daughters school wants to see me is when they thank me for having such a wonderful child or to offer me praise as to her accomplishments.

She's on Student Council, a peer mediator, on the Youth Advisory committee, in choir, plays in the band, does well academically, participates in public speaking events, and is who other adults & teachers seek out in the school for a grade 7 when they are in search of assistance from a considerate, warm and thoughtful young person. Yes, my child, I'm so proud. (did I mention she's also a Pathfinder, Girl Guides now for 8 years)

Today's early dismissal is well timed to our personal lives as it coincides with our need to be home showering and primping for tonight's performance of The Good Body with Eve Ensler. My child has just walked out the shower in a bath sheet and once the steam clears, it's my turn next.





If you happen to be at tonight's performance, please stop by and say hello to myself, it would be awesome to see you and to share the experience of The Good Body with you.

Today's meeting with the woman behind Club Eden went on for longer than I'd expected and it was very worthwhile. Excited about the chance to tell you shortly what we're working on together. In the mean time, the classes I mentioned yesterday are now all listed on the calendar.